Wednesday 24 August 2011

Book Piracy: A Non-Issue

BOOKPIRATEEarlier today, for reasons too egotistical to go in to, I found myself looking back at the columns I wrote for the Guardian back in 2003. Inevitably, with industries as fast moving as media and technology, my 23-year-old self made a whole load of terrible predictions. I dismissed the fad of "cameraphones", for example, but was bullish on red-button Interactive TV. One prediction I'm happy to stand by, though, is that the way to solve media piracy would not be through legislation but through making it easier and cheaper for customers to buy legitimate versions of movies, music and books. Yeah, I know, today that sounds obvious. But back then it remained a "theory" in the way that evolution still does to Ron Paul.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/9XUgGgvrVMI/

web design, seo, web design company web design, seo, web design company web design, seo, web design company

No comments:

Post a Comment